Install CyanogenMod Android 5.0.1 Custom ROM Nightly on Samsung Galaxy Note 3 phone. Subsequently, the CyanogenMod CM12 ROM is now available for the Note 3, correctly the LTE variant.
The CM12 Custom ROM is prepared in a nightly build and it is based on Android Open Source Project.
[sam id=”2″ codes=”true”]
These are some of the features covered:
- Theme Engine
- Navigation bar improvement and customization
- Quick Settings improvement and customization
- Quick Settings Ribbon mode
- Sound panel customization
- Lock-screen quick unlock
Install CyanogenMod Android 5.0.1 CM12 on Note 3
- Download CyanogenMod [official] Android 5.0.1 Lollipop CM11 M12 custom ROM (HERE) 247.47 MA and Google Apps (HERE) into your PC.
- Connect Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE N9005 to your computer via USB cable.
- Upload Android 5.0.1 Lollipop zip file and Google Apps .zip file into the phone’s SD card memory. [Note: Users recommend to paste the .zip file in SD card root, not in any other folder.] [Note: Before installing the custom software, be sure that the device must have been rooted and has installed ClockworkMod Recovery tool.]
- Turn off your mobile and disconnect from the PC.
- Then make the regular Recovery Mode encounter by press holding ‘Volume (up)’, ‘Home’ and ‘Power’ buttons.
- After entering the RECOVERY mode, clear the phone memory, by choosing ‘wipe data/factory reset’ option.[Note: use ‘Volume’ keys to navigate and ‘Power’ button to select options, while operating under Recovery Mode]
- Clear the cache memory by selecting ‘wipe cache partition’
- Then to go back to ClockworkMod recovery, and select ‘advanced’ and tap ‘wipe Dalvik cache’ [Note: This step is optional, but many recommend this procedure so that user will not face boot loops or any other errors in the middle of custom ROM installation]
- Again come back to main recovery screen and then tap ‘install zip from SD card’
- Then tap ‘choose zip from sd card’ and go to Android 5.0 ROM .zip file in SD card and enter the installation process. Repeat the same style to install Google Apps [Note: use ‘Volume’ keys to navigate and ‘Power’ button to select options]
- Once done with the installation process, navigate to ‘+++++Go Back+++++’ and re-start the device by opting ‘reboot system now’ seen in the recovery menu. Now, your device (Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005) will take at a few minutes to complete the booting process.
- Head to Settings >> select About phone to confirm the installation of CyanogenMod Android v5.0.1 Lollipop CM12 custom ROM.
Enjoy Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with Android 5.0.1 CyanogenMod CM12.
Note: Any problem while installing or need some help let us know in comments section.
[sam id=”3″ codes=”true”]