In this article, We will learn about Android TV Boxes and about Kodi, and How to Install Kodi on Android TV Box
If you have an Android TV box, or if you are Planning to Buy One, then you are very likely to have heard about the Kodi Media Center. Kodi Media Center allows you to stream high-quality videos at a very low price. Although Kodi is very popular, not everyone knows how to install it. The procedure can especially be a challenge for a none technical person.
What is an Android TV Box?
Android TV is a smart OS built by Google for bringing the Android experience from Smartphones to Television. One of the excellent advantages of using the Android TV Box is that it encourages you to use and download a No. of Android Apps right from the Google Play Store. But, you need to have High-speed Internet connection in order to get through various apps. You can also play a No. of Android Games right from your Android Tv.
The Latest release Kodi 17 “Krypton” Comes with a No. of updates and changes, as well as a completely new appearance for all your tools. Kodi 17 download is available on the Kodi website.
What is Kodi?
Kodi is a 100% Open Source Free Media Player which can be used to play and stream videos from the internet or even from a home network. Kodi is now available on almost every hardware OS platform, including Windows, Osc, iOS, Linux, Raspberry Pi, and Android. There is no Windows Phone version and no indication of coming soon.
Users can also install 3rd party add-ons to their Kodi. The most commonly used 3rd party add-ons, such as Exodus or Phoenix, stream movies and TV shows.
How to Install Kodi on Android TV Box?
- Connect the Android tv box to the tv with HDMI cable.
- Plug in your Android Tv box and turn it on
- Setup a wifi connection on your TV.
- Create a free Google account on your TV if you don’t have an existing account. If you have an existing account then simply log in.
- Check the Android Operating System version on your TV and ensure that it is at least Android version 5.0 or higher so that you can install the latest version of Kodi on your TV.
- Open Google Play Store on the TV
- Search for Kodi in the search box
- Now install Kodi by clicking the icon and then the install button.
- Test Kodi by opening it on your Android Box.
- Enjoy free movies, TV shows, channels, and much more on your tv!
Once Kodi in Android TV Box, it allows you to play music, movies, photos, and TV shows collection you have, and play them on another. It can also do Live stream and record live TV, and smartphone apps let you use your mobile as a Tv remote control.
How to Install Kodi Addons?
As stated earlier, it’s the Open source feature of Kodi that makes it so popular. This app is free to modify and use, so you can install as many Add-Ons as you want to, to add additional features to the Kodi in Best Android TV Box. Kodi has around 985 Official Add-Ons.
- Click on system -> File Manager
- Now, Click on Add Source
- Now, you will have to add the URL of whichever repository that you want to install on your Kodi. A repository can be defined as a package that consists of multiple add-ons. For an example, in this case, we’ll be going to install one of the most popular repositories “FUSION”. Then, type the following URL in the text field – http://fusion.tvaddons.ag/ and now, in the name field, type the name of the repository “FUSION”. Now Press the OK button.
- Now go to your Kodi home screen and then click on System > Settings > Add-ons > Install from zip file. Now select the repository that we’ve just downloaded – FUSION.
- If you want to install an add-on click in xbmc-repos, alternatively if you select start-here you can find the TV add-ons wizard (with a pack of famous add-ons to start with) or if you don’t have Indigo already, you can find it there too. In this case, we’re going to install the exodus video add-on, so we select xbmc-repos.
- Now select English
- Now select the add-on which you want to install, in our case, to install exodus we click in repository.exodus.x.x.x.zip
- Wait for Add-on enabled notification
- Select Install from repository
- Select Exodus Repository -> Video Add-ons -> Exodus -> And Finally select Install
- Go to Kodi home screen -> Video Add-ons -> You will find Exodus in your video add-ons list. Enjoy
Did you take Advantage of the new Kodi 17 in Android TV Box?
Now share How to Install Kodi on Android TV Box Blog post with your friends and on Google Plus Communities, Whatsapp Groups, Twitter, and Facebook Groups.